Let me into of Syria!

          The reason for me choosing Syria, even though it is currently one of the most dangerous countries in the world, is because there is currently still so much to learn and do. There are a lot of things happening there everyday that many people don't know about. You could learn and experience the ways that the government are putting down the rebels. You could go and document the ways that ISIS is quickly taking over the country. Experiencing the heat and warfare in Syria would be the dream of any vigilante travel blogger.
         There are a few travel warnings put on Syria but that didn't stop me from traveling there. The warnings were set up because of the current civil war where there have been many kidnappings, bombings, murders, and terrorism acts. It is stated that no part of Syria is safe to travel and that the probability of being injured or killed there is increasing.\
          The current currency exchange rate from a US dollar to Syrian Pounds is 219.86 Syrian Pounds. Currently there aren't many places to exchange money because of all the bombings and attacks from both the government and ISIS. These bombings have destroyed most of the places for that kind of transaction. On the bright side they have destroyed everything so I don't need to pay for food I only need to scavenge it.
          This having been the first time that I have been to Syria I decided to pack what I felt was most appropriate. I brought a helmet used in riots; you can purchase these from you nearest local police station. The helmet is to protect your head while you travel around because you never know what is flying around in the air. Another article of clothing would be a Kevlar vest. I would recommend that you pack several of these because once a bullet hits the vest, you can't reuse it. For my shoes I packed steel tipped boots so just in case I step in something sharp, it wouldn't go through the boot. Last on the list that I brought was a gas mask. You need to make sure that it completely covers your face so that no toxins can seep in. This is for when the "president" decides to use chemical warfare against the protesters.

Day 1
          My first stop in the country is in Damascus, the capital of Syria. Once I had landed the military personnel grabbed my bags and I and searched through everything. Then they shoved me into the rubble of an old apartment building and left. Once I had gathered all of my belongings I headed over to a large group of people. They were huddled around a fire pit together sharing the same food. All around us was pieces of old buildings that looked like they used to have some purpose. As I traveled through the broken down city I noticed large groups of people fleeing the direction that I was traveling. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw the most terrifying thing that I have ever seen. A map of the US with graffiti on it and behind that, a large cloud of toxic fumes. It was a good thing that I was prepared for this possibility. I took out the gas mask that I had packed away and I slipped it on. This was the last moment that I had spent in Damascus. I then traveled to the next place on my list.

Day 2

          My second stop, the largest city in Syria, Aleppo was quite similar to that of Damascus. Most of the buildings were either collapsed or soon to be. What I think used to be large decorative churches where now large piles of rubble that everybody stepped on. Even the people were the same. Everybody had the same face, the face that showed that you have given up.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment